03. Setting up Authy for 2FA
This support article will walk you through setting up Authy for 2FA
Before depositing or withdrawing funds from your NDAX account, we require that you set up 2FA. 2FA stands for two-factor authentication and is an added security feature to help protect your account over and above just using your username and password.
To prevent unauthorized access to your account, once you log in with your username and password, you will be prompted to enter a 6-digit code (that changes every 30 seconds) every time you log in or request a withdrawal.
Warning: Before entering your 6 digit 2FA code to log in to your NDAX account, always ensure the URL is https://ndax.io/auth/login
Setting up Authy for 2FA
- Login to https://ndax.io/
- Once you log in you will be redirected to your dashboard
- Click SETTINGS on the left-hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to Two Factor Authentication. You will see 3 steps:
- Download and/or open the Authy app (https://authy.com/download/
- On the Authy app, click the 3 dots in the right-hand corner
- In the drop-down menu click ADD ACCOUNT
- Click SCAN QR CODE (Blue Button)
- Go back to the NDAX page and scan the QR code under step number 2 with the Authy app
- On the Authy app, name the account NDAX
- Enter the 6 digit code on the Authy app into step number 3 (it expires every 30 seconds)
- Click enable
Congratulations! You have now successfully enabled 2FA on your NDAX account! Every time you log in to your NDAX account with your username and password, you will be asked to enter a new 6-digit code that is refreshed every 30 seconds on your two-factor authentication app.
Warning: Never share your 16 digit seed code with anyone or make any digital copies of this information. A third party with access to this code will be able to get full access to your 2-factor authentication.