02. How do I create a strong password?
- Strong passwords consist of 12 or more characters. The more characters in your password the better.
- Include numbers, symbols, capital letters and lower-case letters. Passwords with different types of characters are a lot harder to crack.
- Use a unique password for every site or service. It is not always about how strong the password is, using the same password on multiple sites may put you at risk. Through phishing attacks, your password may get leaked and hackers could use it to access your other accounts.
- Do not use personal information.
- Do not use common words, phrases and patterns.
- Keep your password secure. If you decide to write your password on paper to avoid forgetting it, ensure it is stored somewhere that is locked and not accessible to everyone Consider using a trusted password manager
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
100% of people found this helpful.