04. How do I send Bitcoin as a gift on NDAX?
Our gift feature allows an NDAX user to send funds to another NDAX user’s account with no cost or wait times because the transfer happens directly on the exchange without ever reaching the blockchain.
- To send funds, follow these steps:
- Login to https://ndax.io
- Click WALLET from the menu on the left side of the screen
- Click on CRYPTOCURRENCY
- Select your desired cryptocurrency
- Click SEND
- Select TO A FRIEND at the top right-hand corner
- Fill out the RECIPIENT'S EMAIL ADDRESS, AMOUNT OF BTC TO SEND, MESSAGE TO RECIPIENT
- Select GIFT
- Enter RECIPIENT NAME, SELECT EVENT, select from your choice of templates
- Click SEND
- A confirmation message will pop up, confirm details of the transaction, and Agree to the disclaimer
- Click CONFIRM
- Confirm the transaction using your 2-factor authentication app
- You have now successfully sent a Bitcoin Gift
- If you would like to see the status of your transfer on your account activity panel, click TRACK NOW
The recipient will receive an email letting them know you sent them funds.
If the recipient's email does not match any NDAX user accounts, the recipient will receive an email asking them to sign up for an account with NDAX. After signing up, the recipient will conditionally receive the fund which means they will NOT be able to buy, sell, deposit or withdraw the funds.
To gain full control of the funds, the recipient will then need to verify their identity. If the recipient is unable to meet the above requirements and/or does not complete the verification process the funds will be returned to the sender(you).